Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dogs, Voodoo and Accidents

Haitian Voodoo Mask

So many of you will recall when the Global Nomads stayed with us.  I believe it was Brandon who one day bought a voodoo mask and hung it outside the house (without anyone knowing).  This is where Eric and I place the blame for events which unfolded the following weeks.


Incident One: About a month ago, Eric was out walking Lady as part of his normal morning routine.  One day the slopes of the backyard was particularly slippery and Eric lost his footing, tripped and landed on a lamp of all things.  He ended up going to the hospital where he found out he had a couple broken ribs. 
Diagram of Eric's Accident
Evidence of the Injury
Incident Two:  Last Friday, before work, Eric and I were going to go hit the gym before the day started.  The day before I washed my shorts and hung them out to dry.  As I went out to retrieve them the following morning, Chance was waiting to greet me.  She was in a agitated state of excitement which involved lots of jumping and nipping.  To avoid the onslaught I ran down the steps to the clothes wash area and jumped the last 4 or so steps.  I did not see the clothesline which hung over the steps.  I was clotheslined by the clothesline.  Somehow I managed to go to the gym that morning, but was very sore the following days.
Diagram of TJ Accident
Incident Three:  A while ago, a bunch of the crew were riding in the back of the TaTa, our truck.  I was not with them.  While sitting in traffic, a drunk driver slammed the into a car, which slid into the TaTa, causing Lyndia to fall out.  She landed on her back, pinching a nerve.  Now she's supposed to sleep on a board. 
Diagram of Lyndia Accident
Eric and I are planning a burning of the voodoo mask sometime this week.  I'm a little hesitant.  I think it might be a pardora's box type of thing where we release the spirit within the mask and it reaks havoc all over the house.  We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment