Monday, April 4, 2011

BAR Architects w Jonathan & Elie Dubois w/ Sandhya

Apologies for the delay in this week's blog entry.  Our internet (always spotty) went down last night and I was unable to upload.  Also, apologies for the length.  I'm down to two entries and I'm trying to get all my housemates in.  This week I've asked Jonathan to describe what he and his firm, BAR Architects, is doing down here and what his experiences have been while here.  Following that interview, I've asked Sandhya to help explain the Elie Dubois project.  I'll finish it out with an update about the house and the elections.


Because this blog entry was delayed, the actual election results came out Monday evening.  As expected (from the latest predictors) Martelly won.  That's probably good news on multiple fronts.  First, Martelly is a much more progressive candidate, and he will be more likely to implement changes to help NGOs and Haiti itself.  Second, his following was the younger crowd, the crowd more likely to riot.  Since he won, there's no need for that...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment